Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September Blog Hop

Welcome to your next stop on the Master Forgers' Blog Hop! If you didn't start at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog, please click HERE so that you don't miss any of the fabulous projects along the way!
For our hop, our challenge was to try a new technique. I decided to use my patterned paper as inspiration and create an embellishment to match using my stamps. I combined a bird and leaf stamp from Ippity's "Sing a New Song" set to make my bird embellie. See the feathered tail? It's really leaves from the branch stamp! I also pieced the flower layers to match the flowers in the paper.
So, I'm not sure if this falls into the traditional category of "techniques", but it is a fun way to stretch your stamp collection! I actually used 5 different stamp sets on my card. The flower is from "Now & Always", the label is from "Season of Joy", the sentiment is from "Flowers+Friends=Priceless", the photo corners are from "Fall for You", and the bird and branch are from "Sing a New Song."
These sets are all available HERE in my Etsy shop-and remember, I'm giving one away as a prize at the CKCB! Just comment on tomorrow's blog hop and you will be entered!
Your next stop on our hop is the blog of the fabulous Kim!

16 comments:

Ali said...

beautiful card, gorgeous stamps, perfect colour matching - love it :)

Jimjams said...

Cute, cute card - and yes, I reckon paper piecing with bits of different stamps is a great technique - after all we want to USE our stash don't we!

Anonymous said...

Great idea to mirror the paper - and cleverly done too - beautiful card!

Angela Toucan said...

pretty

Emily said...

Gorgeous! I love that you used so many different stamps on this one card.

Margie said...

Beautiful card! I love the layere leaves/tail-so creative!

Bethany said...

Those leafy tail feathers are ingenious! So many stamp sets I want to get! :)

Susanne said...

So so pretty - what fab stamping! And how generous you are to be the sponsor this month.

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Very pretty card - thanks for showing how you used so many stamps, and thanks for sponsoring this month!

Lisa said...

ok, I'm in stamping awe! what a simply wonderfully cute and pretty card. I love it. I love that you mixed and matched your stamps to match your papers - so very creative!

scrappymo! said...

Thanks for being the sponsor this month.
I don't care if your take falls into the traditional definition of techniques...cuz I love that bird with the branch tail feathers!

Very cute!

Donna said...

Five different stamp sets - that's really neat!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Your card is very pretty, and I love how you improvised with your leaf stamp on the bird's tail!

DeeDee Catron said...

Never would have guessed your birdie's tale wasn't his own! nice work!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is super pretty--great papers and fabulous design! LOOOOOOVE the corner pieces:)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very beautiful card, such serene colors! Love that bird and the leaves!